I’m so excited to be co-hosting the #my101in1001 link-up with Vivian from Vivian Bishop xo, and we can’t wait to see how everyone else is doing on their lists! If you aren’t familiar with a 101 in 1001 list, you can read more about it here, and check out the lists that others are sharing. The concept started as a simple list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, like a bucket list, and I figured it would be the perfect link-up!
I have always been a list person, but bucket lists seem to be too much to manage at times. There are so many things that can happen in a lifetime that could change a bucket list, and while things still can change in 1001 days, it is a bit easier for me to manage. I’m pretty happy with my progress from the first 3 months of the challenge, and I’m excited to see what happens between now and the next check-in on May 16th (which I will be cohosting with Jacquelyn from The Low-Country Mama)
Here is what I have accomplished in 90 days:
- Take Emily (my sister) on 2 trips (1/2)- We took Emily to Atlanta, GA in December
- Buy an new SUV. CHECK! We bought a HR-V in December, and named her Meredith
- Get a new/better DSLR and learn how to use it. 1/2 CHECK! We got a new camera for Christmas, but I haven’t really dug into learning how to use it yet. I’m getting there!
- Make family dinner for all 14 of us. CHECK! I made this recipe for everyone in November. Everyone loved it and I wished I made enough for leftovers
- Stay at a Bed and Breakfast- CHECK! We went to a B&B in Cape May in November.
- Read 30 books (2/30)- my goal for 2016 is 50 books, so I better be able to knock these out. So far I have only read 2 books- Troublemaker and Girl On The Train, but I have so many to read right now!
- Record a one-second a day video for one year (like Megan). CHECK! I successfully finished January , and have a great start on February. Tech Crunch even posted about 1SE the other day
- Have a wine tasting at 5 wineries (2/5)- part of Dave’s surprise for Valentines day had to do with 2 winery tours. We had such a fun time
- Visit 10 new places (1/10)- We visited Boone, NC for New Years Eve
- Go hiking somewhere new- CHECK! While I did go hiking in a new place (Blowing Rock in North Carolina) I want to save this for a hike that lasts longer than an hour
- Trip to somewhere new with another couple- CHECK! We did this during our trip to North Carolina with two couples, but this weekend we are going to NOLA with one of my best friends and her boyfriend!
- Help with thanksgiving dinner. CHECK! I helped with dinner in November, and even made the same dish for Christmas. It’s a family recipe so it was great to learn how to make it!
- Make 3 Pinterest recipes (1/3)- I made these meatballs on in December. They turned out amazing!
- Pay for someone else’s coffee/meal 5 times (1/5)- I paid for the person behind me at Chick-fil-a in December and the person behind me at Dunkin Donuts 2 weeks ago
- Plan and coordinate 6 styled shoots (1/6)- in December I planned my first one and it was amazing! I got the photos back a few weeks ago and I’m dying to share them!
In 3 months I am happy to say that I have 8 completed tasks on my list and started 7 others.
I’m so excited to see the progress that everyone else has made. Make sure to hop around and see what others have accomplished in the last 3 months, and we’ll see you again on May 16th! Don’t forget to hashtag your 101 in 1001 things with #my101in1001!