I have managed to be in my car by myself a lot lately, which is rare because Dave and I carpool to work almost everyday. With 10+ hours driving to and from North Carolina, lots of client meetings for Enchanting Events, and some random outings, my favorite way to pass the time in the car is belting out a tune. Not all of these songs are new, in-fact some of these songs were my favorite car jams when I was in High School, but all of these can get me singing. I definitely recommend these 6 songs to listen to next time you need some music to pass the time.
1. Castle on the Hill- Ed Sheeran. This was my favorite song to and from NC at the beginning of this month. Ed Sheeran is such a talented artist and I am in love with basically everything he writes. This song is no different and I can totally imagine myself singing this song long into the summer when my sunroof is open and the windows are down. ps. who is going to see him in concert with me? His new album comes out on March 3rd
2. Jamie All Over- Mayday Parade. Oh Mayday, they were one of my favorites in high school and thereafter, I have been to so many of their concerts and I’m thinking about going to one in May just because I want to reminisce. Their older songs can get me singing my heart out at the very first beat.
3. Paris- The Chainsmokers. Closer was my jam for what felt like the majority of 2016, and then Dave played this song a few weeks ago and I had the feeling it would start taking over the airplay that Closer had…and it has. It’s a fun song and come on, who doesn’t love thinking about Paris?
4. Adele in general. I thought about listing a few, but there are too many to count. I had this thing about 4 years ago where I could not listen to Adele. It was during the Set Fire to the Rain era and it played on the radio SO. MUCH. and I worked at IKEA where it played about 30 times in one shift every day. I kind of removed her music from my inventory…until this latest CD. OMG. Why didn’t anyone tell me to listen to the rest of her music, besides just what played on the radio? She is incredible. I’m way late to this game, but yes. everything by Adele is the bomb.
5. Lost Stars- Maroon 5. Another older song, but one of my all-time favorites. It’s from the movie Begin Again and for some reason it’s one of those songs that I can listen to over and over. Maybe because Adam Levine has the most beautiful
face voice, or because I loved the movie so much. In the end, give it a listen.
6. Good Grief – Bastille. I pretty much love everything by these guys, but this song might be my favorite off of their newest album. It’s a good sing in the car, play the steering wheel kind of song. The slight accent through the lyrics doesn’t hurt either 😉 (keep in mind, their videos are a bit eccentric)
Do you know all of these songs? What are your favorite jams right now?