A few months ago when I started doing monthly recaps, I looked around for a link-up and didn’t find one. Then when Jacquelyn mentioned looking for one as well, I suggested that we start our own. She emailed me and the wheels were turning. Personally, I love recapping each month, it gives me time to talk about everything that happened, reflect on memories and keep track of all of the big events that occurred. So here we are with the very first monthly recap link-up! We would love to have you join us with your recaps, goal posts, post roundups, monthly favorites- anything! We simply ask that you follow both of us and hop around to some of the other blogs that link-up as well. This link-up will take place on the first Tuesday of every month. We would love to have you join us!
This month was another busy one, but wish an amazing and relaxing trip in the middle. It was an amazing trip and I am so excited to continue recapping.
- My cousin announced that she is having a baby! A few months ago I planned her engagement with her fiancé, and then this month she announced that they are having a baby! We are so excited for them and can’t wait to add another little one to our family.
- We went to an Orioles game with the Baltimore Blogger Babes + Boys, and it was the best game I have ever been to. You can see why in this post.
- We celebrated one entire year of being married!! I still can’t believe we have been married for over a year now. It was funny to see the Facebook posts from friends and family wishing us a happy anniversary, and then to see the comments where others were like “OMG it has already been a year?! NO WAY!” yep. it has. and nope. it doesn’t feel like it.
- We celebrated my sister graduating High School with a fun party on the water. It was so nice to see how many people love Emily almost as much as I do. We also made her a custom Snapchat filter.
- I went to see Ellie Goulding FINALLY! Laura and I had such a fun night singing our hearts out and dancing for over an hour. Ellie was amazing and I can’t wait to see her again!
- We went to Mexico with my grandparents in celebration of our anniversary and also for a much needed real vacation. It’s always amazing to experience all of the new places that we do, but I really consider those trips because they are jam packed with things to do, moving hotels, airports, etc. This time is was a full on vacation.
- We celebrated Lauren and her fiancé at their engagement brunch! One of the other bridesmaids hosted the celebration and it was really nice for everyone to get to know one another.
I didn’t have much blog reading time this month, so I will leave you with these two posts that I found were important.
- When Anne posted “Thoughts on the “Why I Won’t Read Your Posts” Post” I knew this was another blogger after my own heart. It makes me so sad to see posts like the ones she is referencing, because it shows no faith in the community of blogging. Lets guide each other, encourage others and if we see something we don’t like- simply unfollow or move on for the day. I have a similar post from last year, so I was very happy to see this topic coming up again.
- I have followed Emily for some time now, and was heartbroken to hear when Martin got sick. To see this post from his funeral was so emotional and I am sure it took so much for her to share it. I have been praying for this sweet mama and her babies, in the end I know that God will see them through.