Happy Thanksgiving!! I can’t believe it is already Thanksgiving, and the holiday season is officially kicking off. I am excited to be joining Nikki for thankful thursday and sharing some things I am thankful for this year.
- My relationship with God. Over the last several months I have evaluated some things and increased the time I spend focused on God and his word everyday. It’s been a huge blessing, and I love having a dedicated time for this each day.
- A beautiful marriage. This is our first big holiday together as husband and wife, and I couldn’t be more excited to begin traditions of our own. I am so thankful for Dave, and everyday he gives me more reason to be. I am blessed to have such a loving, caring and kind husband.
- A healthy and amazing family. Health is something often overlooked when nothing is wrong. I am thankful to have Dave’s surgery over with, my grandfather on the road to recovery (he had a 2nd knee replacement), and a healthy rest of the family. I am also thankful for everything our families have done for us, and everything we have all experienced together. Gaining a new family can sometimes be difficult, but I have been blessed with another great family. I am thankful to live so close to my family, and thankful that we have been able to see a lot of Dave’s family recently. It means so much, especially around the holidays.
- My sister. I can’t say this enough, my sister is my absolute best friend. We used to fight all of the time, but over the last 2 years, we have grown to really love each other. She is the first person I want to talk to when I have something to share, and she will always put me in my place if I am being ridiculous. She has a heart of gold, and such a spirit that people love to be around.
- Great friends. As people get older, it can be hard to stay in contact with your friends, especially when some are all over the world. I am so thankful for the people I am able to call my friends, near and far, they mean so much! I have made some amazing new friends this year and gotten so much closer with others. Each of them holds such a special place in my heart.
- Creativity. This is something I am finally learning to share. Creativity has always been a hobby of sorts to me, but I am so happy to be sharing it through my work now. Especially this year!
- SharkBait. Since I never liked cats, I am especially thankful to SB for showing me how awesome they are. She is the sweetest and always knows when I am having a bad day.
- Support. Having 3 jobs, this amazing blog space, and a social life is a lot to balance. I have such an incredible support team around me to help get through, Dave, my family and friends are encouraging, loving and caring. They tell me when I need to get over something, or when I need to do a little more. I couldn’t put so much effort towards so many things if I didn’t have that. I am thankful for the jobs I have, for the busyness that surrounds my life, and for the much needed rest in-between.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your holiday with those you love <3
What are you thankful for this year?