WOW! It’s been a very long time since I sat down to write a blog post. The want to write comes in waves, sometimes I really miss it and other times I am happy to be away from the commitment. Recently though, I have wanted to write more often than not, so here I am giving this another go with 73 questions.
A lot has happened in the last year +. From learning to be a parent, to working together with Dave in a variety of new ways, to budgeting my time in a better manner. It’s been a whirlwind to say the least. But here I am ready to kick it on this blog again. First things first, I am still working on the layout. Figuring out what I like best, deciding if I should change the name, discovering which topics I want to write about during this stage of life, etc.
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you last month?
The 4th of July falling on a Thursday so we could enjoy 4 days with Olivia!
2. What’s your favorite game?
I really enjoy a good game of Rummy or UNO with my grandfather.
3. When are you most inspired?
When I am traveling
4. If you could teach one subject in school, what would it be?
Economics- hopefully this means I would be good at it as well 😉
5. What’s your favorite beverage?
Dr. Pepper, a spicy marg or a wheat beer- but I drink water 99% of the time
6. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
That I am a good mom
7. What is your favorite birthday cake?
Amaretto cake and raspberry jam
8. What is one thing you still have from your childhood?
A pillow my grandmother made for me.
9. What is your favorite movie?
This is a tough one- probably Miss Congeniality
10. What is something you can’t do?
Apparently save without having a budget
11. Window or aisle seat?
12. What is something that makes you laugh no matter what?
13. What does creativity mean to you?
Being able to express yourself and your interests
14. What are your favorite lyrics of all time?
“Leave behind your regrets and mistakes
Come today there’s no reason to wait
Jesus is calling
Bring your sorrows and trade them for joy”
- O Come To The Altar, Elevation Worship
15. What is your favorite holiday?
The 4th of July!
16. What’s heavily played on your music playlist right now?
I Don’t Care by Ed Sheeran and JB is Olivia’s favorite song, in addition to Wheels on the Bus and Baby Shark
17. If you could raid one woman’s closet, who would it be?
Emily Ley! Her style is amazing.
18. Must have purse item?
19. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were 12?
A marine biologist
20. What is something you will not be doing in ten years?
Worrying about our remodel (more on this soon!)
21. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn?
Your plan is not always His plan, everything will work out as it should but not always as we hope or pray for.
22. How do you start your day?
Most of the time by snuggling with Olivia
23. Would you ever live anywhere besides where you do now?
Hopefully on the beach!
24. What is your favorite dessert?
25. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
26. It’s brunch! What do you eat?
Pancakes from the bakery by our house or Captain Crunch French Toast from Blue Moon
27. Where was the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
Our honeymoon cruise!
28. Favorite Disney animal?
29. What is a book you are planning on reading?
Emily Leys new book- can’t wait for it to come out
30. What did you read most recently?
I am currently reading the new Sarah Dessen book
31. Favorite solo artist?
32. What is something you’re tired of?
Politics on facebook and other social media. You aren’t going to change someone’s mind by ranting. How about you DO something in your community to make an impact?
33. What’s a city you wish to visit?
Wow, there are so many! Right now top on my list is Barcelona.
34. Heels or flats?
35. Where does one go on a perfect road trip?
Currently I would say the West Coast!
36. What do you do on a rainy day?
Drink an endless amount of coffee, watch movies and play with Olivia
37. What’s your favorite exercise?
38. What was your worst subject in school?
39. What is your spirit animal?
Probably a duck. I would love to stroll around, go for a swim and enjoy life
40. What do you usually eat for breakfast?
Yogurt and granola, but my favorite option would be avocado toast. I also have egg & cheese wakeup wraps from Dunkin Donuts often.
41. What do you usually eat for dinner?
Chicken and veggies, or sushi now that we have a great sushi place 5 minutes from us.
42. Cooking or baking?
43. Favorite baked good?
44. What is something you wish you could be good at?
Painting or sketching
45. Skiing or surfing?
Skiing because I know how, but I would prefer to know how to surf
46. First celebrity crush?
Probably one of the Hanson brothers
47. Most recent celebrity crush?
48. What color was your prom dress?
49. How do you manage stress?
Massages, walks, sleep
50. What do you do to relax?
Same as above 😉
51. Age when you were first kissed?
53. Favorite fashion trend of all time?
54. Best fashion advice you’ve ever received?
Stop it with the giant jean hats
55. What is your current favorite piece of clothing that you own?
Lilly Pulitzer Florin tops! I have several and love them
56. Shoes or bags?
Shoes most recently
57. How do you know if you’re in love?
You cant stop laughing
58. Television show you’ve binged on recently?
All of them…Veronica Mars, Housewives of NY, Housewives of BH
59. Who do you turn to when you’re sad?
60. Leather or lace?
61. Vintage or new?
62. What is your Kryptonite?
63. What are you most enchanted by?
64. What is your biggest strength?
65. What is your biggest weakness?
66. What are 3 words to describe living in your city?
Crabs, waterfront and stress haha
67. Cutest thing on planet Earth?
68. Favorite color?
69. Best first date idea?
70. Favorite time of day?
5 pm. The heat is dying down a bit and we are back with Olivia
71. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them?
Shoes then sense of humor
72. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Binge watching TV show
73. Favorite band?