I posted a travel wish list last April and I can’t believe how much our plans changed within the last few months. Our big plan was to go to Tokyo for our anniversary, but when Dave had to have surgery, those travel plans changed slightly since he couldn’t spend several days walking around. Thankfully, that was also around the same time as getting the Southwest Companion Pass (which you can read more about here!) and we decided to make this year the year of #VolpesInTheUSA.
There are so many areas of our own country that we have yet to see, so we are ready to take on the touristy places and hole in the wall locations in America. We started this in December, but we plan on really making progress over the next 12 months. Thanks to Southwest flying to locations all around the country, Dave’s love for driving, and long weekends!
I am looking forward to building out some weekend city guides while we venture to new places. It doesn’t hurt that so many of these places are on my 101 in 1001 list! I would love suggestions (extra points for blog posts!) for the places we plan on going, and trips we have booked. Also, if you are anywhere near the places we are going, let me know- I would love to get some blates mixed in with our trips!
- We are heading to New Orleans for my 25th birthday (AH!). I am so excited to see a new place, with one of my greatest friends, and our guys!
- Austin, Texas for SXSW. This is a work trip, and after last years experience I will likely be exhausted each night after talking to groups of the 100,000+ people present BUT Austin is one of my favorite cities ever. So I will be sure to enjoy the walk back to the hotel room every night
- Seattle here we come! I am SO excited to have this trip booked- I have wanted to visit Seattle for so long, and we finally were able to find the time to get to the west coast.
- We are heading to St. Louis for a quick weekend trip. This seems to be like a city that keeps popping up on my radar via blogging, Facebook, and social media. I decided that was a sign and booked a trip for us.
- Mexico! Okay, so this one obviously isn’t in the USA, but it’s a quick flight and we are going for our 1st Anniversary.
Other places I would love to visit this year:
- Portland, Maine
- Portland, Oregon
- Napa Valley
- New Mexico (those hot air balloons!)
- Salt Lake City
If you have any suggestions, please send them my way!