It’s Fri-YAY! That means the workweek is finally over and it’s time to indulge in fun, friends and adult beverages. When the weekend arrives I love to try a new cocktail, catch up on my TV shows from the week (#adultstatus) and most likely I will even go to bed early. Living on the edge, right? Well this delicious twist on a Moscow Mule makes the adult life even better.
As a part of my 101 in 1001 list, I wanted to come up with 3 cocktails and see how they turned out. I figured it was time to start working on that (since the next #my101in1001 check-in is August 15th!) and why not try something different with my favorite beverage, a Moscow Mule! I originally planned on making this with raspberries, but the grocery store was out, so I bought blackberries instead. I also went without the mint, since I was adding so many other flavors. This vanilla blackberry Moscow Mule was the perfect thirst quencher!
I have to admit, I was super nervous that I wasted precious ginger beer on this because it sounded so odd, but it was AMAZING. I might even start carrying some vanilla extract with me to the bar. It was that good.
Yields 2 servings, because who likes to drink alone?
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 3 oz of vodka (more or less depending on preference)
- 2 limes. Save a slice for garnish and mix slices in with the drink
- 12 oz ginger beer
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
& 2 copper mugs
- Muddle the blackberries in a separate cup. Once they are muddled to your preference, divide between the mugs.
- Pour the vodka over ice into the container that you muddled the blackberries in and stir. Divide the vodka between the two mugs
- Cut one lime in half, and cut the other into slices. Squeeze half of 1 lime into each mug, and add the additional slices to the mug
- Add 6 oz of ginger beer to each mug
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to each mug
Serve with a straw and a garnish of lime.
Keep in mind, I love vanilla flavoring already, which maybe why I enjoy this cocktail so much.
Let me know if you give this vanilla blackberry Moscow Mule a try!
What is your favorite adult beverage?